Symptoms: Epiphora, 2-3 weeks after birth, is reported by the mother.
1. Regurgitation test clear fluid, mucous or frank pus.
2. Recurrent conjunctivitis.
1. Hydrostatic massage: Instruct the mother to press on the lacrimal sac in a downwards direction. This may help removing any epithelial remnants & opening hasener’s valve.
3. Probing: Of great success rate.
4. Repeated syringing & irrigation.
5. Intubation of the lacrimal drainage system (Silicone tube).
6. Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR).VGZGQ6DMSXZD